Alkmaar is a vibrant city,with many events, attractions, canals, museums, stores and of course the famous cheese market. Still, there is also plenty of peace and quiet, space and nature in and around Alkmaar, with its polders and dunes. In short, there is something to see and do in Alkmaar for everyone.
Excursions in Alkmaar
- Stedelijk Museum Alkmaar
- Het Hollands Kaasmuseum
- Cheese market every Friday from 10.00am to 1.00pm on the Waagplein, from April to September
- Boat trip around Alkmaar
- City walk, along the 400 monuments in Alkmaar
Did you know that Alkmaar is in the top-10 of best shopping centres in the Netherlands? Discover the small boutiques and picturesque shopping streets!
Excursions with children
- Outdoor Park
- Escape Room Alkmaar
- Polder De Schermer, with beautiful flower fields in spring
- Historical village De Rijp
- Eilandspolder, beautiful nature reserve
- Coastal towns of Schoorl, Egmond, Bergen and Castricum
- “Elfendeurtjesroute” for the children